JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) is a national level engineering entrance examination. Students who qualify JEE will be eligible to apply for mop-up round in JEE Main Counselling. This round is conducted if the seats remain vacant after all the scheduled rounds in JEE Main Counselling. So, in case students didn’t get any seat in any of the engineering institutes, don’t lose hope as there are chances that you might get a seat in one of the prestigious engineering colleges across India.
Students seeking admission to prestigious engineering institutes such as IITs, NITs, CFTIs etc appear for the entrance test. From this year, the National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct JEE Main twice a year. JEE Main counselling is conducted jointly with JEE Advanced by JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority).
CSAB (Central Seat Allocation Authority) will conduct addtional counselling process for institutes in Noth-Eastern States & UTs (Union Territories) and SFTIs (Self Financed Technical Institutions). Keep reading the article to get complete details on JEE Main Counselling and mop up round.
Who is eligible for JEE Main mop-up round?
Candidates who qualify JEE Main and registered themselves for the JEE Main e-counselling are eligible for the JEE Main mop-up round. Mop-up round of counselling is particularly conducted to fill the vacant seats in the engineering institutes. Candidates who didn’t get any seat in the JEE Main e-counselling, are given another opportunity to directly participate in the mop-up round.
Even if a candidate is allocated a seat in Round 1 or Round 2 or who have not registered for JoSAA Counselling but are eligible, they can still participate in JEE Main mop-up round. To apply for mop-up round, candidates have to register themselves again on the official website of NTA.
JEE Main Mop-up round Procedure
The procedure which is followed in JEE Main mop-round of counselling is given below:
- Declaration of Seats
After the conclusion of JEE Counselling, the examination board will declare all the vacant seats in the engineering institutes. The details of the vacant seats which are available in the participating institutes will be available on the official website of the examination body i.e. NTA.
- Registration for mop-up round and payment of admission fee
Candidates are required to register themselves again for mop-up round of JEE Main Counselling. Students have to pay a requisite amount of admission fee while applying for the mop-round of counselling.
- Choice Filling and Locking
On registering successfully for the mop-round of JEE Main counselling and payment of admission fee, candidates can select the institutes/ branches in the order of their preferences.
Points to remember:
Some of the important points that candidates need to remember while appearing for mop-up round of counselling are given below:
- If a candidate has already taken admission in any institute during JEE Main Counselling, he/ she has to include the name of that institute and branch in their prescribed choices.
- Candidates can also choose the institute/ branch in which the initial number of seats is zero, as the vacancy may arise during mop-up round of counselling.
- Seat Allotment
After successfully conducting the mop-round of counselling, the examination authority will declare the result of seat allotment on its official website. After getting a seat in JEE Main mop-up round, candidates are required to report to the allotted institute for the verification of documents. If there is no discrepancy in candidate’s documents, he/ she will be allotted a seat in the respective engineering institutes.
Important Points to keep in mind
- At the time of mop-round of JEE Main Counselling, candidates don’t have to report to any JEE Main reporting centers.
- Candidates who paid the entire admission fee to the engineering institute at the time of JEE Main Counselling but who wish to opt admission through the mop up round are required to pay the full admission fee to the newly allotted college. Such candidates need to complete all the required formalities with the new institute in order to get their money back.
The article covers details related to the mop-round of JEE Main Counselling are given in the article above. For further details related to mop-up round, candidates can refer the official website of NTA, JoSAA or State Level Counselling Authorities.